What is global server?
- 1.Rent Vps server on Linux. I recommend Debian or Ubuntu, since the examples below will use commands that 100% work on these systems. It is possible to run on others, but you will have to make decisions on your own and deviate from the instructions.
- 2.Install dependencies and download server from github. This is the initial server setup and should only be done once.
- 3.Customize server.
- 4.Start server and play with friends
- 1.Adding custom scenarios and maps
- 2.Creating plugins
- 3.Rewrite all game logic the way you want by changing lua files (for example, change the behavior of AI, buildings, and almost everything that is possible)
There is two ways:
- 1.Type ip:port in Direct connection section
- 2.Add your server to global servers list
In order for the server to be added to the list of servers, contact the game developer. The game server must also be:
- 1.Stable. No often bugs, crashes
- 2.Have rules and moderation. It is forbidden to ban for no reason or write obscene reasons for the ban
- 3.Do not bypass the in-game purchase system
Any players can connect to these servers immediately after downloading game, and if there is a mess there, they will have a bad impression of the game, which will affect the rating and purchases